At Jason L. Downey, DDS Dentistry, ourcosmetic dentists combine advanced dental technology with artistic skill in order to provide patients with teeth and gums that are not only healthy, but also beautiful. Porcelain crowns are one example of the dental services we offer that are able to restore both health and beauty to the teeth. As a dental treatment with both restorative and aesthetic applications, porcelain crowns are a widely used dental treatment. For our Las Vegas patients, porcelain crowns offer a wide range of cosmetic and health benefits.
Porcelain crowns are applied to teeth with either extensive structural damage or decay, or teeth that have severe cosmetic blemishes. In either case, the treated tooth is filed down and then enclosed with a dental crown, a porcelain cap that fits over the tooth to repair structural damage and conceal cosmetic flaws. Patients who undergo porcelain crowns treatment may experience any of the following benefits of this procedure:
- Improved strength: A porcelain crown replaces damaged enamel with a strong and sturdy porcelain fabrication. This strengthens the tooth and allows normal oral functions to resume.
- Improved aesthetics: A porcelain crown is custom fabricated to match the size, shape, and color of the patient’s natural teeth. This offers patients a beautiful restoration (free of cosmetic blemishes) that blends in with the natural teeth.
- Protection: Because porcelain crowns surround the tooth, they add an extra layer of protection. The strong porcelain material can prevent damage to the natural enamel underneath as well as block out harmful bacteria to protect the tooth from further decay. Porcelain crowns are especially useful when patients have undergone root canal therapy. A porcelain crown helps ensure that a root canal infection does not reoccur.
- Comfort: Dr. Downey and his team want our patients to experience improved health and aesthetics without compromising comfort. Porcelain crowns are fabricated so that they fit with the natural shape of the patient’s mouth. The porcelain material also feels very similar to natural tooth enamel. Once the crown is in place, the patient will feel as if it is a natural tooth.
- Support: For patients who have suffered from tooth loss, porcelain crowns offer support for dental bridges. This allows patients to replace missing teeth with a dental restoration that fits securely in the mouth.
- Durability: Dental crowns, especially those fabricated with porcelain materials are very strong. They can withstand the wear and tear of routine oral functions. With proper care, porcelain crowns can be expected to last several years.
- Versatility: Porcelain crowns are one of the most versatile dental treatments. Porcelain crowns allow our dentists to repair structural damage, restore oral function, and aesthetically enhance the tooth. Not only that, but when used with dental implants, a porcelain crown can even be used to replace a missing tooth.
Schedule a Consultation
At Jason L. Downey, DDS Dentistry, we strive to protect the teeth from decay, repair any present damage, and create beautiful smiles for our patients. Porcelain crowns are a versatile dental treatment that allows us to do all of that. If you are interested in learning if you can benefit from porcelain crowns treatment,schedule a consultation with Dr. Downey at your earliest convenience. We look forward to meeting you!